I hesitate to write about my faith sometimes because I know it can turn some people off. My hope, on this special day is that you will indulge me as I wish you a Happy Easter and share a little about my faith.
I passionately pursue personal development and write a lot about success and about living into our purpose and potential.
In the summer of 1986, I went to a business conference in Miami Beach, to learn how to get rich and become successful and it got my attention when several of the speakers who had the trappings of success to which I aspired, said that I could only find true success when I included God in the equation.
It was inspiring for me to hear successful people talk about their faith. I wanted what they had and I responded by making a decision that weekend to welcome him into my life and to allow him to show me the way and to have his way with me. I started a relationship with him and it has been an amazing journey!
Here are 5 things that this journey has meant to me:
- It has been a process. It hasn’t been all smooth sailing and I had to be intentional about developing this area of my life. And I still haven’t fully grasped all of it yet after almost 31 years. But the more that I go and the more that I grow, the more that I’m certain that It was the best decision I’ve ever made.
- My biggest area of growth (and this took a long, long time for me to grasp) was to finally realize and accept that he really loves me unconditionally. He believes in me and forgives me of all my mess ups, and I’ve made a few! — I’ve learned that I can trust his love.
- He really wants to be a part of my life and the more I allow him to be, the more success I have and the more I’m amazed at the untapped potential that I have in him and through him.
- His way (his DNA) and the way I should follow, is to love, serve and add value to others. He demonstrated this through his son, Jesus Christ—In his life, death, burial and resurrection. — I’m learning that success in life is about dedicating who I am and the resources I have to living a life of serving and adding value to others.
- My greatest hope and motivation is that when I get to the life beyond this life, I will hear him say: Well done Robin! I am proud of you man! You’ve been faithful with what I entrusted to you. Come and enjoy my kingdom.