The eighth of the 10 characteristics of a ‘Claim our Best’ attitude is:
The attitude of gratitude.
A friend of mine who many years ago had a major struggle with depression, told me, that one of the ways he dealt with it was to remind himself regularly that there was a whole lot more good happening than bad.
There is a whole lot more good happening than bad!
Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of this! This is a meaningful consideration as we ‘claim our best’. To remind ourselves of the good taking place…
Think about what we’re grateful for. This causes us to think about the good, which causes us to focus on the positive, and the more we focus on the positive and the good, the more grateful we become. The more grateful we become the more we think about the good and this becomes a cycle that continues and feeds on itself and propels us forward.
My personal thoughts:
- Everyday I want to think about what I’m grateful for.
- Every day the firs thing I will do is thank God for His love, mercy, and grace and for another beautiful day to be with Him and to do His work. —I’m grateful for a fresh start with every new day.
- I’m grateful that yesterday ended last night at midnight. Although sometimes I have to remind myself that I cannot go back there but I can learn from it and I can affirm the good that I did and make the most of today.
- I’m grateful for the time I take to pause and reflect.
- I’m grateful for the habit of asking myself good questions.
- I’m grateful for the special people in my life.
- I’m grateful to be living in the USA.
- I’m grateful that I have the opportunity to ‘claim my best’ everyday.
- I’m grateful that I can change tomorrow for the better through personal growth and development today.
- I’m grateful for my purpose, my dreams and my vision which pull me upward and forward.
What are you grateful for?