We purchase insurance with the hope of never having to use it! Just as important though is what to do in the event you have an incident. In this case I’m going to provide a short list of what to do in the event you’re in an auto accident.
Remain at the scene and do not admit fault.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). Names, phone numbers, addresses etc.
- Secure make, model and license numbers of all cars involved.
- Report your claim, usually the insurance carrier has a toll free number (with 24 hour access) listed on your auto insurance id card.
- Do not discuss the details of the accident with anyone except the police and your claims representative.
Please share this list with your family and friends