Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship. – Denzel Washington –
Going after your dream means looking up when things are down. Staying positive when things don’t look good.
It means digging deep to find your potential. It’s when you’re down and things are rough and your back is against the wall that your true potential is discovered and displayed. You become strategic and creative in your approach. The difficulty brings out the creative best in you.
Don’t despair. Don’t shy away. Double down. Keep working. Keep learning. Keep fighting. Keep your eye on the prize. Stay focused. Believe in yourself.
- You don’t know how long it will take for the seed to grow and blossom. It is growing and sometimes you can’t see it. But it is growing. Keep believing.
- This develops your endurance and the strength necessary to reach the finish line. You get knocked down and you get back up. You get knocked down and you get back up… you get knocked down and you get back up… eventually it doesn’t matter that you get knocked down because you know you’re going to bounce right back, able to dig deeper than you ever have.
- It makes the victory even sweeter! I was inspired by Roger Federer winning his18th Grand Slam title earlier this year, when he won the Australian Open, making it the most in history of a male tennis player. Many thought his Grand Slam-winning days were over having gone four-and-a-half years without lifting one of the four major trophies, but he proved his doubters wrong in fine style.
- A victory for you means a victory for the significant people in your life and many others! In the final analysis, people want to see you WIN!I
- In this short inspirational video that my brother shared with me yesterday, Denzel Washington says it all in a minute as he accepts an award.